myTamarin is a trading name of Tamarin Group Ltd, registered in England and Wales with registration number 10838444, registered at 2nd Floor 2 Woodberry Grove, London, England, N12 0DR (“we”, “us” and “our”). Our website address is www.mytamarin.com (the “Site”).
If you would like to get in touch, you can contact us by post to our registered address, to our office address at 2nd Floor 2 Woodberry Grove, London, England, N12 0DR, or by email to email@example.com.
We do update this policy from time to time so please do review it regularly.
We take your privacy and data security very seriously. We will ensure that any information obtained from you is treated as private and confidential by us and anyone else involved in delivering our Service.
To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the data we process. Anyone processing personal information in our team or on our behalf must do so in accordance with this policy and on the basis that we are satisfied that they can and will adhere to our high standards for data protection and security.
The transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping any username and password you use for accessing our Site confidential.
Personal information we collect
We may collect the following types of information from you, some of which is considered personal information under GDPR:
- If you are a child carer (e.g. a nanny, nanny housekeeper, maternity nurse, night nanny, governess or similar) or another type of household staff (e.g. a personal assistant or house cleaner): your name, address, email address, phone number, profession and employment history, personal identification (such as a passport or driver's licence), visa if applicable, DBS check, first aid certifications, medical / health conditions which you provide as part of any application which could be relevant a childcare position, smoking habits, and any other information which we request from you as part of our matchmaking process which might interest a parent or someone looking for some help at home (such as, but not limited to, your location preferences, your previous sick days taken, your availability and written references from your previous jobs). As part of our Service, you may also receive reviews on our Site, for example from parents or others who we connect you with and who hire your services. These will form part of your online profile with us.
- If you are a parent or anyone looking for a child carer or other household staff: your name, address, email address, phone number, profession, ages of children, and any other information we think might be helpful to make a successful match with a child carer or other type of household staff you are looking for.
- If you sign up to the app, or book a virtual session via your employers landing page for myTamarin virtual support: name, work email address, and mobile phone number. You will also fill out a short survey to book in a session where you will provide myTamarin with information on your health status.
- If you are a visitor to the Site: we may now or in future collect information on the way visitors explore and use our Site. This may enable us to better track and understand how visitors are using our Site and we can improve it.
Types of data collected
1. Contact details:
- work email address
- mobile phone number
- To link your email with your work account
- To contact you with any product changes/updates
- To contact you about booking 1-1 sessions
- To communicate any user feedback/user surveys with you for product improvement
2. Health Data:
- Information will be asked regarding your health status in a pre-consultation survey which gets sent to the expert ahead of your sessions
- Post-consultation notes written by the expert will be sent to the individual - these notes will be stored on our system unless stated otherwise.
- To match you with the best suited expert
- To have continuity of service
- Provision of health/social care, and personalised digital content services.
We may use and share aggregated and anonymised data. This will be obtained from your personal data but is not personal data as this data does not directly or indirectly identify you. For example, you could be used in a percentage of people accessing one type of support but your name will not be mentioned.
How we collect personal information
We collect information from you when you fill out contact forms or other enquiry forms on our Site, or when you complete online surveys for us. We are also developing our Site further to create more functionality which may enable us to collect more information when you visit it, such as IP addresses, analytics on interaction with our web-pages, and other similar browser information.
We also collect information when you provide it to us by email, during interviews which we conduct in person and by phone, and other interactions which you have with us.
Why we collect personal information
The principal reason for collecting personal information from our child carers, household staff, parents, and anyone else using myTamarin is to provide the best matchmaking service that we can to them, which is fully tailored to their specific needs and requirements.
We use the information collected from child carers and other household staff to review and analyse their suitability for our Service, and to do our best to ensure that if we secure a match for them, that the match will be a strong fit for both sides. We take into account both subjective and objective criteria.
Subjective criteria might include personality traits, parenting style, approach to routine and discipline. Objective criteria might include geographic proximity, qualifications, rights to work and level of experience.
Similarly, the information collected from parents and others looking to hire child carers and/or other household staff allows us to confirm suitability for our Service, and to ensure that we have all the information necessary to deliver our Service successfully.
For myTamarin employee virtual support, the principal reason for collecting personal information from our users is to match them to the most suitable expert based on the situation of the individual. Collecting contact details allows us to update users on new events, content, and if we need to discuss a 1-1 booking.
Any of the above forms of data may include information which is communicated electronically, in writing, in a meeting or on the phone.
We are entitled to process any personal information listed here where necessary to comply with any legal obligations which we are subject to; to establish or defend any legal claims so as to protect our or your legal rights or the legal rights of other interested parties; to obtain or maintain our own insurance coverage or obtain professional advice; or to otherwise manage business risks. In particular for our business, it is important that we collect and retain data on our vetting and general matchmaking process, so as to demonstrate our practices and processes in case of any complaints or legal action made against us or each other, by parents, other hirers of household staff, child carers, other household staff, users accessing our myTamarin employee virtual support, or anyone who has used our Service.
Information we disclose
Your privacy is extremely important to us and we never share your personal information except as set out below.
For myTamarin comprehensive childcare support we disclose personal information in the fulfilment of our Service, by providing the personal information of shortlisted child carers and other household staff to parents and others looking to hire them, for the purposes of making a match. In particular, following our vetting and initial matchmaking process, we share the details of child carers and household staff such as their name, first three letters/characters of their postcode or county, qualifications, employment history, and any relevant feedback received from parents or other users of our Service.
For myTamarin employee virtual support, we disclose personal information in the fulfilment of our Service, by providing the experts with personal information of the user they have a consultation with. The personal information the expert will receive about the user is their response to the pre-consultation survey.
We use certain third party data providers to store personal information (“Data Providers”). Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the Data Providers under GDPR and the law. For your information, here is a list of the Data Providers we use:
- Hosting and mail: G-cloud, G-suite
- Analytics: Google analytics
- Storage: Dropbox
- Online surveys: Typeform
- Communications: Mailchimp, Mandrill
- Payments: Stripe
Please note that exceptionally, we may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- if we want to sell our business, or our company, we can disclose it to the potential buyer.
- we can disclose it to other businesses in our group.
- we can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people’s property, safety or rights.
- we can share information with others to protect against fraud, credit risks, or other similar business risks where it is in our or your vital interests to do so.
International Transfers of Data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
The information storage facilities of our Data Providers may be located outside of the EEA, such as in the US. Based on a decision of the European Commission on the adequacy of these countries for the purpose of storing personal information, each of these countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards, such as the use of standard data protection clauses approved or adopted by the European Commission. If you would like to view the privacy policies of our Data Providers, you can do so on their websites.
Whilst we make all reasonable efforts to ensure our Data Providers comply with the standards of the GDPR, unfortunately we cannot control use of such personal information beyond our reasonable control.
Retention of Data
Personal information that we process for any purpose will not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose. Subject to overriding legal requirements, as a minimum we will store and retain your personal information for as long as is required to provide our Service. We also retain data on our vetting and matchmaking process for so long as it is possible that any complaints or legal action could be taken in respect of that process.
Whilst it is not possible to specify precisely in advance for how long your personal information will be retained, the period of retention will be determined based on whether or not you remain registered with us (whether as a child carer,household staff, a parent, a user of myTamarin employee virtual support, or other person looking to use our Service) and whether or not you exercise your rights to request that we delete your information.
You, as the data subject, may request deletion of your data at any time in writing, subject to any overriding legal requirement for its retention. This can be in writing to us at our above stated address or alternatively you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to get in touch.
You are entitled to:
- request access to, deletion of or correction of your personal information (although please note that this will require your closing of your account with us);
- request personal information to be transferred to another person or company; and
- make a complaint to a supervisory authority.
- specify whether you would like to receive/stop receiving direct marketing communications (to opt out, email email@example.com)
- limit the publication of your information to third parties
You can modify or withdraw your consent at any time by notifying us, although please note this may affect the extent to which we are able to provide our Service to you or interact with you in future whether as a child carer or other household staff, parent or other user of our Service.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.